I was just reading my dear friend Cina's blog and noticed she is a fan of my blog....which has not been updated for TWO years? Wow, reallllly sorry about that. So I have the day off, why not let the blogging world know Im still alive ehh? Im going to tell you right now...I make no promises to be consistent, BUT I will certainly try to be more consistent then I have been.
So whats new with me you ask? Hmm...well lets do some bullet points shall we:
- Married Steven Ray Newman
- Colored my hair (which needs to happen again)
- Got a new car
- Bought myself (and my sister) a new gnome, he sandstone
The driving in the city has not been so good. Its not that Im scared to do it, its just that Im really bad at it. Today I hit a truck with my rear view mirror, driving Steven to work. Luckily for me, Ive got those bad boys that tuck in when they get hit by something. Just a scratch. Im also really bad with directions so Im constantly getting lost, even in situations I totally shouldnt be getting lost in. Oh well, now when Steven looks perplexed when I tell him the route I took home, I simply say "well I took that way because I havent really been down that street and I wanted to check it out" Lets just say Ive checked out a lot of streets my friends.
The area we live in is what Steven calls "on the fringe." Its not a terrible area, but a lot of shadeballs a block behind us. Its been pretty entertaining. I would like to share some things Ive seen right outside (or inside) my building. Mother if you're reading this, you might want to stop now.
- I was a listening witness to our downstairs neighbor getting stabbed and the fight with the police that ensued
- Ive seen a late teen young man dealing drugs off of a bicycle. In front of my building. To a young teen man in my building.
- There is a man that I believe lives in his car parked outside of our building every. single. night. Weird thing is, he has a very nice car...SUV must get terrible gas mileage.
But I think we have decided on our game plan a little earlier than anticipated. So the next year should look something like this:
- Get myself a job in the city and finally stop the unbelievable commute to the troll hole at Blue Chip
- Per Stevens promise, immediately get another puppy after the new job (because I can THATS why)
- By a condo thats mice free, drug free, stabbing free
- Walk to every store I can so I can use my little red trolley that I received off of my registry to carry all my purchases
- Get into running, get my lazy ass dogs into running.
Alright, Im outta here